Cameron and Rebecca said I had to be positive when I post to the blog. That is against my nature because no one can make fun of me like I can, they just don't have access to the same material!
But, respecting the spirit of the blog, I will do my best.
I began this week by following the advice of Elder Reynolds of the seventy. He was the presiding authority at our Stake Conference last week. Elder Reynolds gave a talk about fasting that I found very intriguing. In it, he spoke of widening our view of what it means to fast. We can fast in a lot of ways. We can have a fast of "no TV," for example, or in Elder Reynolds case, he fasted from sugar which he said he was horribly addicted to.
And that was it for me! I too, am completely addicted to sugar. I love my Mountain Dew sodas. I love desserts even more. So I decided to heed the words of Elder Reynolds.
No sugar.
I am happy to report that I had no sugar this week and that makes me happy. Thank goodness for small victories. They make you feel good.
I even went as far as going and buying "sugar free" candy, which actually tastes good. I got through my first bag (not all at the same time) before I read that "too much consumption may have a laxative effect" on the back of the label. Doesn't that just ab out beat all?
My report for this week is:
294 pounds.
That is seven pounds down from last wee! WOO HOO!
I attribute most of the weight loss to the detoxification process from not having sugar. Wow, I ate a lot of sugar. I gotta tell you, it feels really good to have not had any sugar this week. I also attribute some of my weight loss to sugar free life savers (but I prefer not to discuss that because it is little gross!)
I am hoping to even out my weight loss. I think losing two pounds a week is pretty healthy. I will keep you posted. Literally!
-Joe
Monday, October 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
WOW JOE that is awesome! 7 pounds! and yes i have myself discovered that little side effect of sugar free candy. in a movie theatre no less after consuming a bag of sugar free turtles! HELLO! I on the other hand have not done as well with sugar this week. it seem to be coming out of the wood work lately! i am a total sugar addict! that will be my fast also. i feel so good when i eat no sugar!
way to go!
BEC
Post a Comment