Saturday, May 16, 2009

We did it!


I hit the scale at 203 this morning. Cameron, Rebecca, Ron and I started off this morning with our 10K race. It was a beautiful trail course tucked in the foothills of Folsom, CA. Ron serenaded "Ring of Fire" by John Cash for us while we passed the Folsom Prison.

The race started at 8:25 which was not early enough since we were probably in the mid 70's by race time. We were told there were 8 water stations, but we only had them at mile 1, 2 something and mile 5. Miles 1-3 I ran according to plan. I got thirsty 4-6 and since a lot of it was in the sun and only had 1 water station, I struggled. I did not get the time I wanted, but can feel the improvement from a year to even 5 months ago. A race like that use to wipe me out for the rest of the day. I think I am going to train for a half marathon. I need to find a race and set a new goal. I can't even imagine going twice the distance right now.

1 comment:

Judy Sledheads said...

You guys are looking amazing!!! Even if the scale isn't being your friend - it shows!!! Good Job! Wish you were here to run with me!
Claudine