Wow, I haven't posted since January...it's already March! Cameron gave me a bad time on our blog for not posting on here. But as I have said in the past it is hard to write anything when things seem to be about the same. I fell off the wagon...yes, again. I went to the doctor and he had a bunch of tests run and I didn't exercise much during that time and pretty much ate like crap! I figured if they found something wrong with me I would deal with it all later. Well all tests came back normal.... I had an insulin resistance test (both my sisters are insulin resistant and my mom is a type 2 diabetic). The test is if your number is below 4 you are insulin resistant, or above 6 you are normal. Mine is 5.4 so I'm not insulin resistant, but I'm not normal either. The doctor says with this kind of number we recommend diet and exercise.... REALLY... YA THINK! I started crying telling him how hard I have been working out and trying to do good on my eating, but lose nothing so then I eat a bag of cookies! I think he thought I was a retard, but he was very nice and told me he didn't know what I was so worried about, that I'm not fat :) (how nice of him huh?) Anyhow, he gave me a diet plan and lots of encouragement. That was last week, and I have been doing so much better. I made it to the gym 6 days this week, and went back to my weight lifting class yesturday (I wasn't getting it done at home) And I haven't had sugar since Monday (I decided maybe I will try Bec's approach). Yesturday I weighed in at 183.8 which I am excited about. I weighed in at 187.0 last week. Oh and I weighed less on my doctor's scale than our stupid digital scale that I still hate!!!
I'm not sure where Rhett is at, probably about the same. I will make sure to get his numbers for next week. He has been really good at working out, has lifted weights a little, but says he needs to do more. I'm sure he will lose more as I am trying to eat better and not buying the crap at the grocery store, and trying to fix healthier dinners.
We are running a 5k on May 16th so it's onward and upward...no looking back!
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
It is great to hear from you! That is great that you are doing well. Your doctor is a smart guy! Diet and exercise huh! Keep up the good work and post even if you don't think anything is happening. It is just good to hear from you guys!
Later,
Cameron
Post a Comment