Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Hey everyone.
Sorry we have been late getting our weight posted on the blog. We are still working at it. It is frustrating sometimes getting on the scale, but here are the results from our weigh in from Monday.
Cameron 252.8 lbs (up 0.8 lbs from last week)
Bec 164.o lbs (up 1.8 lbs from last week)
As you can see we are having some difficulty at the moment.
We do have some good news. Today we ran the Sacramento Run to Feed the Hungry. It was a beautiful day and there were over 26,000 runners/walkers that had the same idea to start the day with a run. Bec ran the 5k with Trevor, Dallin, and Adam. Braden was going to come but had football practice this morning. Bec finished her run in 33.44 min. Dallin was at 35.33 min. Trevor finished in 32.30 min. and Adam was 32.45 min. They did great and were at the finish line to cheer me on as I finished.
Ron, Earl K. and me ran the 10k. Earl was the big winner for us three and Ron was not very far behind him. They both finished under an hour but I will let Earl tell you all his time. I finished in 1 hr 2 min and 16 sec. It is not my fastest 10k but I haven't run a race this heavy before. We felt really good about doing the run. It was fun and we are going to continue running to get in better shape.
Thanksgiving was great today! I am sure I ate too much but it was great! We will have to work extra hard between now and Monday morning's weigh in. Hopefully it will not be too painful.
We are grateful for good friends to work on getting in shape together with! Keep up the good work!

Cameron
P.S. We will post pictures from the run later. It really was fun to do especially now that it is over!

2 comments:

2KT Faupula girls said...

Thanks you guys for sharing your Thanksgiving family tradition. Dee & I decided to start this as a tradition for us to do each year with our family. We always heard about it, but wasn't motivated to participate until Bec shared it on your family blog. Dee ran the 10k and I walked around with Tiare. It was our first year going to this, so we didn't know what to expect. We were definately amazed of the outcome and how exciting and fun this will be for us to look forward to next year. Next time, I will definately run the 10k with Dee.

Laura Keith said...

I'm there next year! I wish I had more of a schedule. I can't seem to make myself get up after 4 am feedings. Soon... I know this won't last forever! Love you all!