Sunday, April 19, 2009

Slow and steady wins the race, No?

Well Sat was another long run in my world. Like the previous week, I set my Ipod for time rather than distance. Last week was 40 minutes and I increased it to 45. Doesn't seen like a lot more, but I was spent. When I reached my goal and stopped, I felt like I could not run another inch. I was able to hit the 5 mile mark which was consistent with last week. I ran on average 9 minute miles. I started out a little too fast like usual, but was able to get a pretty good stride. Ron Chance ran with me and we hung there pretty much side by side the whole time. Toward our half way point I was not that far ahead. He really pushed me to keep the pace. Thanks Ron.

Looks like next week I will inch it up to 50 minutes. I am on track to hit a 55.48 min 10K, which would be almost a 3 minute improvement over Jan. Who knows, with more weight loss and training maybe I will surprise myself. Right now nothing comes without hard work.

No comments: