about 196lbs. and need to get my butt going- well I have been doing some things. But, I'm with bec, those sweets are just too tempting!! What is it with those sweets?
I picked up a new book on tape called "Does this clutter make my butt look fat?" by Peter Walsh. I have only listened to the intro, but I love it already. He is so good at just saying it how it is! He asks the question "How do you want your life to be?" or "what do you want to do with your life?" We only have one life! He talks about how America is in love with FAT. We drive the biggest cars, have bigger houses, with smaller families, and we eat whatever we feel like eating without thinking about it. We eat out 1/2 the time now, and we think that gives us permission to not worry about what we put into out mouths, or how much we put in. anyway, great book! (I also love his other book, "it's all too much")
I also visited my Dr's a couple of weeks ago. It was time to start taking care of myself again. My OB/GYN said the best thing. First she encouraged me to sign up for something that would motivate me to do some exercize, then she gave me the best advice... she said she has a plaque that says "anything worth doing, is worth doing POORLY" She said, don't kill yourself if you don't have hours to train right now, just do what you can, and ENJOY it!! She and her family did a triathilon last summer. she is probabaly in her late 50's and is probablay about 250lbs. I LOVE MY DR!!
So, now, with the extra weight I have put on, I now have 36 lbs. to loose, but I at least have a better outlook and am trying to do something a few times a week to MOVE!
I walked today, and yesterday I worked in my garden all day, man I am sore! love it!!
till next time!
Liz



1 comment:
Great to hear from you Liz! Great attitude. We just need to do the best we can as long as we are doing something! You are doing great. We love you!
Cam & Bec
Post a Comment