Sunday, June 14, 2009

Survived the Trek!

We had a great time on our pioneer trek! We had a ton of rain, but it gave us a great pioneer experience. I hope to have pictures and stuff up on our blog soon. I worked hard last week, and had set Thursday as the day I could break my "no sweets" streak. I weighed myself at 4:30am Thursday before we left. . .

I weighed in at 162.6

I was worried about the trip, about being good and also sitting on a bus for 9 hours there and back. I usually retain water like crazy when I just sit and figured I would blow up like a balloon! I was pretty good with the sweets. I went to have a brownie Thursday night, but it just didn't taste great, so I only had a bite. I did have some yummy peach cobbler on Friday and a cupcake on Saturday.

So I decided to weigh myself again this morning, I was really nervous, I figured I had gained at least a couple pounds, but much to my surprise and delight. . .

I weighed in at 161.4

We did walk about 11.5 miles in two days. And I was still careful, and I am happy to have not blown up like a balloon!!!

We are running the Scenic River Classic on Saturday. Several from Rhett's family have decided to run with us - Justin, Carleen, Shalean, Rick, and Heather. And my two sisters, Andrea and Melanie are going to run it as well!!!!! I am excited, and hopefully up for the challenge of a little friendly competition!

1 comment:

Knudson said...

That is great Claudine! Way to go. What is your goal weight again? Keep up with the running. It is fun when you are done and you can say that you did it! I bet the Trek was amazing! I guess Monday weigh-ins aren't so bad after all. Keep up the great work!