Sunday, January 18, 2009

Still In!

I know, we have been blogger slackers! But it is hard to post when it's not great news! We are still working hard, we have been doing much better since the first of the year. We weren't too great in December, well I wasn't, Rhett did pretty good through the holidays. He hit 205, but right now is right about 207. He keeps saying he is going to start lifting weights, we were going to do it here at home at night, but that is not happening, so we may get up another 1/2 hour earlier and lift before we go to the gym, I don't know how well that will go either.
I have decided to run/walk a 5k in May. I have been talking about it forever, but I am going to do it. So last Saturday I got on the treadmill and ran for 2 miles straight! I have never in my life done that, I have ran a mile, but that is the most I have done straight! I then walked a little and ran the rest to 3.2 miles and did it in 41:40. I am doing the treadmill every other day and spinning class on the other days. Friday I did 3.2 miles in 38:40, so hopefully I can continually shave time off. As it gets warmer I will start running outside, I know that is harder than on the treadmill, but it is way to cold for me right now!
So my numbers - not much news there - I did gain over the holidays (we had treats at school everyday!!!!!!) I started anew at the New Year at 187, and Friday I weighed in at 184.8. We are in this for the long haul. Even if it doesn't show on the scale, I am feeling so much better and it feels good to be getting in better shape!
Good job Cameron for loosing while on vacation! That is awesome! Your trip looked magical! Claudine

1 comment:

Knudson said...

Good job guys! It is good to hear from you, FINALLY! Races are fun! They help to keep you motivated to keep training. I would like to start doing some weights or push-ups or something also. Keep posting even if it is bad news. It helps us all when we are struggling too!
Cameron